Copyright Protection - Infringement Notification for Web Search
The Search Engine
Attention: Legal Support
Sent by mail and fax (Note: read their guidelines on whether you are allowed to send by email)
1. I am the owner of the Website http://www.1.mysite.com. I am also the owner of the copyright in the material published on the Website. It has come to my attention that the site listed below publishes several of the pages and images that can be accessed on my Website.
The following is a list of the URL's for my pages or images which have been copied:.
The webmaster of http://www.an.infringer.com has published, or allowed to be published, material which is infringing the copyrighted works listed in 1. above. These are as follows:
a) Search Query: Best Ideas Today
Infringing Web Page: http://www.an.infringer.com/same-ideas.html
b) Search Query: Practical Tips
Infringing Web Page: http://www.an.infringer.com/same-practical-tips.html
b) Search Query: Economical Guidelines
Infringing Web Page: http://www.an.infringer.com/same-economical-guidelines.html
In the circumstances I hereby request the removal or disabling of access to the above infringing material published on http://www.an.infringer.com.
2. I can be contacted on email@example.com
3. The Webmaster of http://www.an.infringer.comcan be contacted on: firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Contact Form on http://www.an.infringer.com/contact.html or at the following:
4. This wholesale misappropriation of my copyright works has not been authorized by me and is an infringement of my exclusive rights as copyright owner.
5. I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in this Notice of Copyright Infringement is accurate, and that I am the copyright owner.
Further to the above - I sent a Notice of Copyright Infringement to the Webmaster of the infringing material on ______________20___ to the following Email address: email@example.com as well as through the contact form on the site http://www.an.infringer.com/contact.html requesting the removal of the material. To date I have not received a response.
Name and electronic signature
Return from Copyright Protection to Free Legal Documents
Pro-active steps can be taken for copyright protection such as watermarks on images or disabling the copy/print functions in PDF documents. However, the bulk of the content on the Web cannot be protected and it is a continuous source of aggravation for webmasters whose work is being copied illegally.
Need more free legal forms and free legal documents?
Let's hear your verdict about what you've read here!